Bourbon Salted Chocolate-Pecan Cluster Nice Cream
- Chef Comments:: Preparing daily meals while trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle can be a daunting task. After a long day at work, putting together a meal is the last thing you feel like doing, and there is no doubt that it is easier to eat out, take out, or have dinner delivered. This isn’t the healthiest approach to dinner since it’s too easy to make poor choices. Sometimes it’s nice to eat at home without planning or shopping ahead of time, and now you can with YumUniverse Pantry to Plate. In this one-of-a-kind recipe playbook, you get 30 mix-and-match master recipe templates that home cooks can infinitely customize and almost 100 new recipes based off those templates.
- Cookbook Image:
This one is for my grandparents, who loved their bourbon, and their sweets. If you don’t love a boozy kiss in a dessert, simply leave out the bourbon.
• ½ cup (50 g) raw pecan halves
• 1 tablespoon plus ½ cup (120 ml) maple syrup
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Two pinches cayenne pepper
• Two pinches ground cardamom (optional)
• 1 vanilla bean pod
• 3 cups (720 ml) canned full-fat coconut milk
• 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons bourbon
• 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch/flour
• One 3-ounce (85 g) dark chocolate bar