Spicy Asian Shrimp Simply and Easy to prepare, makes a great meal or appetizer
- 2lbs jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined ( can be cooked with shell on and peeled later)
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 can beer
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Peel and devein shrimp. or could with shell and peel when you eat them
- Rub shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat beer over medium-low heat in a stainless steel skillet
- When beer begins to steam, add shrimp, red pepper flakes, orange juice,and ginger and sauté. Stir frequently. After 3 minutes, turn the shrimp over and add garlic. Sauté until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout (approximately 3 minutes). Shrimp cook quickly, so watch your cookng time. They become tough if overcooked.
- Serves 4